Apple Peel Crisps Recipe
If you peel an apple (to make a pie, or for a child to eat) then why not try making these and make the most of every bit of your fruit:
- Wash two apples before peeling
- Preheat your oven to 150C
- Line a baking tray with a piece of baking paper and spread out the apple peelings
- Mix half a teaspoon of sugar (demerara works well) with just under half a teaspoon of ground cinnamon, and sprinkle over the apple peels, then mix around to coat them all evenly.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes, checking and giving them a mix around at the half hour mark. They're done when they're crispy and will snap.
- Let them cool, then add as a topping to granola, ice cream or just snack on them...
Adjust the quantities for however many apples you have peeled. You can always store apple peels with a dash of lemon juice (to prevent browning) in a tub for a day or two until you have enough to bake.